Saturday, June 15, 2013

Shopping Just Got Intense

Okay, I LOVE shopping and watching for new trends.  I love wearing dresses, skirts, and 'girly' blouses.  Wedding dress shopping?  It's the most intense shopping I've ever done in my life!  Yes, it's wonderful to have champagne while shopping.  However, that doesn't help that I'm lifting 40lbs of fabric over my head!  I'm literally sore the next day!  I don't know how some girls can try on any more than 15 dresses - it's a workout! 

It's not a complaint, though, because I know how lucky I am.  With each dress I feel how blessed I am to be in love with the man who wants to spend the rest of his life with me!  I wasn't looking for him, and he wasn't looking for me.  But, He is good and He created and molded us into the woman and man we needed to be at just the right time.  If I were to count my blessings, I would have too many to stop!  The challenges I've faced and still face have shown me who I am in Him and who I am in this world, and one of the things I'm going to be is a best friend and partner in life to a man greater and more wonderful than anyone deserves. 

Alright, alright, I'll get back to the fashion.  That's what we're all here for, right?  :)

Here are some of my favorites, and I'm not sure whether it's the cut, color, fabric, or just the fact that it takes my breath away; I only know that these are the dresses that show up again and again in my dreams:

Jenny Packham - This is my original dream gown. The back of the gown is just as gorgeous as the front!
Not sure of the designer, but I know the silver on this dress is calling my name!

For someone who doesn't want a huge ballgown or any traditional elements, I was surprised I fell in love with this gown.  It's a work of art, and I can't deny that!  All of my rules go out the window with this gown because it's simply magical.  From Novias de Espana

This Lazaro gown has a simple corset bodice with a sweetheart neckline, but what I love about the gown is the textured skirt!  It's no secret that I'm not a fan of dresses with the everyday ruffle, lace or large cliche flower pinned to them; I'm drawn to the skirts with wild texture - texture that from a distance one can't quite tell if it's rosettes, pick-ups, etc.  I love deconstructed material and lines that are cut a little bit irregular to give the gown more visual interest.   

Decisions, decisions.  I guess we'll see what wins out in the end... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment