Friday, March 7, 2014

Louis Vuitton, Embracing The Style Of Everyday For Fall 2014

I know I'm writing a bit out of order, as I had promised a post on creating the perfect arsenal of little black dresses.  However, I've had a pretty crazy week and didn't exactly have time to ruminate on all of the LBD styles I wanted to include in that particular post.  So, I putting it off so I can work on it a little more and I'm instead posting a little insight into some of my favorite looks from Louis Vuitton Fall 2014 RTW collection and the designer behind these gorgeous pieces. 

Admittedly, I found an article on Glam.com highlighting Nicholas Ghesquière and most of my info for this comes from that article.  What I love about any artform, especially fashion, is learning about the inspiration and process behind the outcome (and sometimes, it ends up being more appealing to me than the product).  So, although most of this interview about Mr. Ghesquière is from another source, I'd love to pass it along.  Like I said several posts ago, most of my journal entries are a mash-up of art, words, people, and places that inspire me so I don't see why I should treat this blog any differently...right?

So, Ghesquière presented his debut RTW collection for Vuitton's 2014 season and what I've seen of it boosts my love for the fashion house higher than it's been in quite a few years.  Filled with textured fabrics (including quilted skirts!), knotted belts, stunning collars, and some well-placed zippers and pockets, the line is perfect for, well, anyone!  Using a traditional warm Fall palette, the mix of browns, mustard, deep reds and blues come together perfectly in both basics and prints.  I always love a little nod to equestrian when Autumn rolls around, so there's one beautiful blazer in particular that's going on my must-have list.

Ghesquière acknowledged this classic and traditional in his show notes, writing "the quest for authenticity and innovation.  The desire for timelessness."  Adding in a recent interview with Style, the designer gives credit to the 'every woman' for his inspiration, stating "I would not say it was effortless, but it was a much more natural and easy process.  I listened to the girls in the studio a lot, the women around me, what they want, what they need."  Looking through the line, I admit that I would never have guessed that any of the pieces were Louis Vuitton.  However, I can also admit that I love each and every article so kudos to LV for choosing Ghesquière to bring the brand back to life and, more importantly, back to the life of the everyday woman in search of gorgeous and RTW style that's actually wearable this Fall.

(To check out more info on Ghesquière, click HERE
To view the entire Fall 2014 RTW collection, click HERE

These are a few of my favorite looks from the show, including some sweet collars, gorgeous prints and the delish blazer that's one of my personal Fall must-have items.



xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment