Thursday, December 27, 2012

A White Diamond Christmas

Christmas lights around the gate


This was the best Christmas I've had in my entire life.  That's a pretty bold statement, because twice I've gotten new cars Christmas morning from my sweet parents.  Christmas is always very special because of the incredible event that it marks - the birth of Christ. 

Taffy, our cat, looking quite festive next to my watch





However, this Christmas, I received some pretty amazing gifts, particularly the jewelry.......................
my parents gave me a new beautiful Marc Jacobs watch! --------->


Okay, okay, yes the watch was gorgeous.  It's not what made this Dec. 25th the best Christmas I've had so far.  I'll let my story continue with photos:


My amazing boyfriend became my fiance!  A beautiful proposal on my front porch while it was snowing on Christmas afternoon led to me saying "Yes, of course!" and then crying many, many tears of joy!   
David is excited and keeping it together.  I'm excited and crying like a baby, haha  Thank goodness for waterproof mascara!
A ring he designed especially for me, and it was made of conflict-free diamonds (something that's important to us both!).  He had some help from my sweet friends and family, too.  The result is the above: a gorgeous symbol of a promise to spend our lives together!

We just couldn't pass up the opportunity to celebrate in the snow!  We haven't had a white Christmas in a long time, so the weather made this day even more special.  The mistletoe didn't hurt either... :)

A very snowy candy cane heart.  It was really coming down at that point, and we were freezing!

This is my favorite shot of the night.  He said "I want to dip you" and I replied "umm..okay?" kind of nervously.  But in this moment, I completely forgot the camera and pretty much the rest of the world except for the two of us.  Looking at this photo now, I still get caught in that moment.   

 So, that's my Christmas story.  I started the day happy and thankful, and I ended it happy and thankful, but also blessed to be able to say that I'll get to spend the rest of my life with my best friend by my side. 

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to you and yours!

XOXO,
Anna


No comments:

Post a Comment