Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Happy Holiday Hostess

I cannot express enough how much I *LOVE* Christmas and the entire Winter holiday season!  It brings out the creative side in me (okay, that's already there, but it brings it out even more, if that's possible) and gives me a chance to see all of my favorite people and wear pretty clothes.  Hosting a party is a great excuse to try out new recipes, decorate your house with holiday 'tablescapes' and DIY projects and last, but certainly not least, you get to buy and wear clothes that you can only wear to a holiday party!  No, I'm not talking about sweaters with snowmen on them or sweatshirts equipped with battery packs and twinkling fronts; I'm talking the sparkly, the lacy, the red and green plaid, the outfits that look silly except during the holidays.

It's also time to get rid of coats you don't need or don't fit anymore, so as you're buying your new 'hostess with the mostess' outfit, make sure to give away one older/gently worn item for each new one purchased :).  It may just make another person's holiday warm and bright!  Here are some places that take donations close to me:  Big Brothers Big Sisters, Our House's 'My Favorite Thrift Store,' and to look through a compiled list of more places, visit Donation Drop Off.  What can you find near you? 

Happy Holiday Hostess
Yummy treats and a hostess-worthy outfit to match!

3 comments:

  1. great blog, just found you.
    following now, hope you do the same..
    great pics, kisses :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous picks! I agree with you 100%, I always make sure to donate some items this time of year!
    xo
    girlintheyellowdress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! And it's nice to hear that more people are giving back along with getting presents, Caroline! I'm enjoying both of your blogs and loving them :). Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete