Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Bridesmaid Gifts: Wonderful or Wasteful?

I absolutely love giving gifts.  I love picking out items for other people that I know they'll use for a long time, and that's tough task if the gift is for someone in your wedding party.  It's very tempting to give things that refer to your specific date, but come on, who wears a shirt that says "I'm a bridesmaid!" after the wedding is over?

These are so soft and really handy! 
So, trying not to be wasteful means steering clear of gifts that adorn the wedding date, bride & groom names and even words associated with weddings or wedding party.  I thought to myself, "What do I use on a daily basis, and how could I personalize that item as a bridesmaid gift?"  Well, here's the first gift I chose: monogrammed cosmetic bags in colors that complement each girl's wardrobe/personal decor.  I made sure to use their first initials, as their last initial could easily change.  Behold, the outcome:

I love these bags because they're soft on the outside but durable and waterproof on the inside (in makeup terms that means they are super easy to clean!).  They even have a pocket inside for extra storage.  Each is a different color and has a contrasting stitched monogram.  I'm kicking myself for not buying one for me!  Five of them are for the bridesmaids and the sixth is for my officiant.  Our officiant is a dear friend of mine and would have been a bridesmaid but we decided that we would love for her to 'marry' us instead!

More gifts to come, and I'm even more excited about the next batch!  My hope is that each gift given during our wedding planning will be something that will be useful for a long time, whether it be a makeup bag or a goat given to a family on the other side of the world.

Street style I love
Journal entries with photo inspirations are becoming quite habitual, so I'll leave on the note of one of my most recent collages.  I figure that if I document my street style, it will be easier to decide on a dress.

Crossing my fingers, anyway...
D + A at the Hoover Dam

Ciao,
Anna
 
   


No comments:

Post a Comment